Code of Conduct
CubingUSA Personnel and Organizers of all CubingUSA Supported Competitions are committed to observing and promoting the highest standards of ethical conduct in the performance of their responsibilities for CubingUSA, and pledge to accept this code as a minimum guideline for ethical conduct:
- Act in accordance with the CubingUSA mission of supporting and developing the twisty-puzzle-solving community.
- Act in accordance to CubingUSA by-laws and policies, as well as all relevant laws, regulations, and applicable international conventions.
- Exercise reasonable care, good faith, and due diligence in organizational affairs, including fiscal responsibility.
Personal Gain and Conflicts of Interest
- Act in the interests of the twisty-puzzle-solving community in general, rather than personal, material, or financial benefit.
- Fully disclose, as soon as possible, any perceived, potential, or actual conflicts of interest, including, but not limited to:
- Financial relationship with a vendor, contractor, sponsor, or partner for a CubingUSA event.
- Financial relationship with any business or other organization significantly relating to twisty puzzles.
- Conflicts involving ancestors, descendants, siblings or spouses.
- Ensure that activities and services do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- These activities include but are not limited to treatment of competitors and selection of volunteers and vendors.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of any personal or financial information about CubingUSA volunteers and staff, or that we may receive about community members.
- Maintain confidentiality of any information that is confidential, privileged, or proprietary both during and after service with CubingUSA.
- Anyone appointed to a position covered by this Code of Conduct must provide written consent (e.g. via email) to abide by this Code of Conduct to validate their appointment.
*“CubingUSA Personnel” is defined as: members of the CubingUSA Board of Directors, CubingUSA Advisory Committees, Advisory Councils, and Teams, CubingUSA Deputies.